Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Journey To Finding ME!!!

Well well im here, finally, a place where i can vent and share my journey with people on the same path as me and those who have been down this path and r NOW living the life they always dreamed...
Its taken me 23years to decide that enough is enough, i need help, i need to change the path im on before i head over a cliff! And more importantly i WANT to Change! Im not sure if its self destructive or self medicating, or maybe both, but food and i have always had a love HATE relationship... For as long as i can remember i have been overweight, suffering within myself and my own image of me and who iam...i have never had a good self image or thought others perceived me as anything more then the Fat Girl! Iv had total strangers shout things out of there cars like Fatso, Heffer,Lose some weight, and people have even asked me if i was pregnant... all of these broke my heart and drove me deeper into my dark hole, where food was my friend and my comforter, and would not judge me.
I can HONESTLY say i have tried EVERY type of diet from Pills,Shakes,Low Carb,No Carb,Low Fat,High Protein,Detox,Juice Diets,Soup Diets,WW,Jenny Craig, Lite n Easy,Hypnosis, to more extreme measures like not eating at all(which didn't last long lol) and throwing up what i did eat(stupid i know),i could go on....all with little or no effect, especially long term...im sure alot of u can relate!
Finally i found out about Gastric Banding whilst watching ACA on tv, and began researching it, i then went to the seminar with Dr Munro and was feeling quite hopeful,like maybe,finally,there was a light at the end of the tunnel.... I went home and the next day i rang NIB and told them i wanted to have the surgery,so excited, and making sure i was covered and can u believe it, because it had dropped my cover earlier that month i was told that they would NOT cover me,even though i just went back on the higher cover again. Just because i missed out on the "cooling off period" by 6days, 6 damn days, and instead of only waiting 2months for the band i will now have to wait 12months!!!!!!! I could have cried, my lifeline felt as though it had been severed... I appealed it and even though i had been a loyal client for 5years and payed them a shitload of money, that didn't seem to matter, i got a nice message on my answering machine the next day...'ur claim has been REJECTED"!!! So 12months wait it is.
Having PCOS/insuline resistance, aswell is also a HUGE reason i want this surgery, as i want a happier, healthier me, and i also want a family in the next few years and want to be able to be energetic and playful with my kids and confident in myself...
My mum and partner have been so super supportive of me and my decision to get Banded, my partner thinks i don't need it and loves me regardless of size, but understands why i need and want this for ME! I love them both so much and wouldn't be able to do it without their love and support! I have decided to keep it quiet til iv had the surgery as for me this is a very personal journey i HAVE to take and then if people ask questions after, i will gladly tell them.
I have met a great gal who has become an awesome source of support and friendship in the short time we have known each other," Miss Skinny Biddy" thanks girl, u have been very informative and a good mate! :) And a huge inspiration!!!
And for the first time in sooo long i can smile and know that iam on my way to a new, happier, healthier me and a new Fun, Fulfilling, and Beautiful life....
Let the Journey begin...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on starting you blog!
I'm very glad that we've met. I can't wait to see the transformation in you.