Sunday, November 30, 2008

The possibilities.... :)

Well hi there, im back....with some excellent news...We got approved for a house loan...got $300k to spend, but not sure we want to spend that much for our first home. It made my day getting the phone call on friday...so we have been looking at some houses and found one we are in love with, but are going to keep looking and not rush in too quickly... :) YAY! we can start building a life together!
WOW,tomorrow is our 2year Anniversary, my how time flies when you are having fun :) i can't believe how fast it has gone, i have my special man, a happy life and soon a more healthy one, so iam very very pleased...think we will go out for dinner tomorrow to celebrate and share a bottle of wine, and we have the house to ourselves finally so we can be romantic ;>, I never thought i would be here....now...happy....content in a relationship.....and this is my longest and happiest relationship ever...2 years WOOHOO lol...
So iv been reading about banding on the net and read that some people only eat 2 cups of food a day!!! that seems quite extreme and to me unhealthy??? what is everyones opinions on that...is it normal? It just bothered me a bit, i mean i know i have issues with food etc, and am looking forward to eating less, im not sure if 2 cups a day would be what i want for me, i still want to eat and enjoy my food... Also do any of you out there drink when you are eating, like can u sip a glass of wine whist eating etc?
Is anyone out there still reading my blogs? i haven't had comments or feedback for ages...how sad haha....please leave comments,feedback, advice,etc...or just say hi :>
Will keep u all posted on what is going on in my life....

Loving life right now, and so happy... "To Be Me"

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Hello there, once you have restriction [after several fills], you will only be able to eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food at each sitting. So, in theory, some people would only eat 2 cups of food a day.

I haven't had any fills yet, and i eat 1 weetbix and some peach slices for breakfast.

A small container of tuna and pasta for lunch, a snack of yoguurt in the morning and a piece of fruit in the afternoon.

Dinner i have whatever the family is eating, but only a small serve. For example tonight we had canneloni and I had one tube with one slice of ham and I was full.

Supper i have a cup of tea and some tiny teddies.

You cannot drink with meals once banded. There are several reasons.

The main one is that the fluid will push the food through your new pouch much quicker than it should move. Thus you will feel hungrier, faster than you should.

Another reason is if your new pouch is full from eating and you drink on top, the fluid may not be able to move through due to the food in the pouch and it will stretch your pouch, this can lead to moving the band, what is called "slippage" you do not want this to happen. An operation is required to fix it.

Another reason is similar to the one above, but instead of the band slipping, the extra fluid on top of the food actually stretches your new pouch, so you end up with a stomach the size of your old stomach.

Hope this helps,
Tracey

Melanie said...

You can see on my blog how much I eat - it varies but honestly the amounts don't seem to matter when you're banded. You eat so slowly when banded, you really get to savour each mouthful. Sipping wine with food is a no-no with a band as it turns what you're eating to slush and it passes through the band - therefore the band doesn't work. I have a glass of water and a glass of wine before I start eating when I want to drink - for me that's one of the hardest things about the band. Great news on the house-front. Mel