Wednesday, September 17, 2008

trying new things....

Well today i went back to the Nursing home to do my prac, and met some more gorgeous residents, had a good day this time actually got to do more, fed them, made beds, used a stand aid lifter and helped out in general. Apparently next week i will be showering, dressing etc all on my own, excited but kinda scared, just nervous about hurting someone or doing something wrong,and haven't had much practice, plus im going to be assessed as i do it, eeek! But overall a good day, and i got an early mark. Have to make up a few days i missed whilst on holidays and when my ankle was sore...but should be able to catch up...
On the way home i stopped in at a Scrapbooking store to check out what it was about and am thinking of doing a course there to learn how to do it, it is such a great way of preserving memories and pics, and i was amazed at what u can do with it, so many designs etc and u r only limited by ur imagination... so will post pics of my first page i scrapbook.
Also the last 2days i have been a good girl, really watching what i eat and drinking 1-2litres a day, am quite proud of myself, think things r going to look up from here on in. Its amazing what a positive mind set can do! :)
Well im off to the nursing home to visit my nan and show her me in my nursing uniform, shes been wanting to see it lol so cute.
Have an AWESOME day everyone!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

I remember when I trained as a nurse and the aprehension I felt about working with real patients. It sounds to me that you'll be fine. You care about and enjoy people so you you won't hurt them and remember that they don't break too easily!
You're doing great.
Melanie