Saturday, August 8, 2009

DAY 5.....

God it goes fast after ur Banded...5 days already and im still adjusting to Banded Life. Felt a little tightness and kind of an indigestion feeling, though im still on liquids... and wasn't able to drink as much yesterday either.... Im not stressing butit's all sooo NEW and when u aren't sure whats happening it can be a little scary LOL.
So here is what i consumed for Day 4...

DAY 4:
125ml Berocca
200ml Coffee
100ml L/F Yoghurt
200ml Water
250ml Cuppa Soup
150ml L/f Custard
200ml Mint Tea

I feel like im getting enough fluids, but m sooo over "drinking" give me something to chew, even for just a second LOL... It's odd how well u start to recover when u take time out for YOU, staying at Mum's has made things alot easier on me and given me some breathing room...Gotta LOVE your MUM!!! Im very lucky to have her around me and to be sooo close with her! :)
I don't think my man quite gets it yet, which is ok, it's new for him too...But he just seems to be soo hyper around me and in my face etc, kinda annoying lol, but he's trying so i shut up! He wants me to come home, but im not ready yet, need another day or 2 to rest and revitalise myself and i will go home.
Meant to go back to work saturday but not sure if i should or could, they gave me an 8hr shift in the TAB, on a Saturday (chaos) my first day back and i don't think i would handle it very well, so im thinking i will see how i feel closer to it and maybe ask for a few more days off...because iv only put in for 10days off, so maybe some more... What do u all think???
Iv noticed iv been holding my head higher since my Op, may sound odd but it's like i have this secret weapon that is boosting my confidence with every passing day...I have HOPE now!!! And FAITH, Faith in MYSELF and my capabilities, Faith that I CAN and WILL make this work for ME!!! :>
Ohh i haven't forgotten about my Pre Op pics people, just not sure how to load am up, will have to wait for my buddy B to get her arse over to help me revamp my Blog LOL...New me, new Blog hehe ;) It wasn't until i looked at the pics Mum took that i realised id lost weight already, the 10kgs i lost on Opti really was obvious, even though the pics were kinda hard to look at, i have to "Because u can't see where u are going, if u don't look at where u have been"...
I can't wait to have my old energy levelsback and then some so can be more motivated to do things LOL, but all in good time....iv gotta be patient, not my best asset hehehe...
Im off for a shower and then my Best mate is takin me out for a little while...FREEDOM!!!! hehehe......
Where is everyone??? Miss my comments and feedback etc....Sock it to me Peoples lol...(im such a dag) LMAO!!!

2 comments:

Reg Reagan said...

Great blog,

I was banded around the same time as you (4/8) and was interested to read how you were going......... good to see all is progressing well.

I'll keep checking in to compare notes!

Reg

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean about the feeling of hope - all of a sudden you can see a future - you have moved past the uncertainty of what the surgery is going to be like, you have survived, and you know you can do this.

If you can, try to avoid that 8 hour shift - you will probably want a nanna nap in the middle.