Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Easy does it....

Well my fellow Bloggers, its day 2 Post Op and im not feeling too bad, apart from feeling really bloated and wanting to burp or fart but can't LMAO!!! I over did it little yesterday so im just going to slow down and go easy on myself...Be kind to myself, i have put my body through alot the past few days (and over the years)! And now it deserves a rest...
Im managing to drink/sip around 3-4cups of fluid throughout the day at the moment, maybe more, but i just feel sooo full after which is a good but odd feeling lol...I made myself a Opti shake today to sip on so it will give me the nutrients i need as well as some clear soups to have, but iv just gotta go slow...am a little nervous of PBing lol.
My incisions look ok i guess, but are still covered... Go back to Megan(dietician) next week so will be interested to see if she thinks im doing well so far. All of Dr Munro's team are sooo supportive and understanding, its great, would highly recommend them!!!
You know the funny thing is it still feels sooo surreal that im FINALLY Banded!!! I know i have been but im surprised at how im managing so far, i know its very early days but im doing good so far and learning everyday already! :)
Im running low on energy today people so i shall go lay down and watch some girly flicks ;) lol... After a nice hot shower :>

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the banded side - and congratulations :)

With the burping and farting, if Degas and peppermint tea aren't helping, try going for little walks - take a few a day - it does help get things moving.

Unknown said...

Have fun with the farting love! Haha
See you soon beautiful! xoxo

Angi said...

I agree with mjw... walking helps alot. I had some extreme pain with my band the day of surgery, and it was 99% because of the gas. I started walking around the hospital, and really it was the only thing that helped. And it'll help you be less tired. I know that sounds contradictory, but it's true. It stimulates the blood flow to your brain.

Oh, and Congrats on the new band! Welcome to lapband-land!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. there will be alot of lessons to learn with the band but once you have it down, it is wonderful! Enjoy the compliments that will be forthcoming in the not so long future!